Last Days of Old Earth screenshots emerge days before Early Access29 Feb 2016 0
Auroch Digital has been busy getting Last Days of Old Earth, their homage to classic 4X game Armageddon Empires, ready and it's due to launch on Steam Early Access on March 3rd. Unlike a lot of Early Access games, this one is going to be pretty polished out of the gate:
- Explore the frost-covered ruins of the far future, discovering settlements and ruined cities, as well as satellites and space stations that have crashed back down to Earth. Discover and exploit resources to build your armies and defeat your opponents.
- Play as the Skywatchers Clan, the last inheritors of the once-great human legacy, or as the mysterious Automata, the robotic sentinels created by a vanished civilization for an unknown purpose - two different factions with very different play-styles.
- Build your own customized army from 30 unique units: tough Northwalk Veteran infantry, ancient Bearcat Landship tanks, the city-sized VN Walker mecha and many more.
- Use terrain to your advantage! Climb hills and mountains to gain increased line of sight, and hide in forests and ruins to shield your forces from attack.
- Fight your opponent’s army in thrilling turn-based battles, where smart tactics and clever deployment can tilt the odds, even against foes with superior numbers.
- Deploy 24 unique heroes to lead your armies with powerful game-twisting special abilities.
- Over 60 special abilities to attach to your heroes and units. Combine them within your armies to discover the best synergies for your play style.
- A skirmish mode that uses a randomly-generated map system, offering a different theatre of war every single game.
- Challenging but 100% fair AI opponents.
- A rich multiplayer offering, to take the hard-earned skills from single player, into the online arena.
To get us ready for the launch, Slitherine launched five new screens for us to pore over. One is at the top of the article, but the other four are just below.
Watch for Last Days of Old Earth's Early Access release for PC on Thursday.