Scourge of War: Waterloo expansion takes you to Quatre Bras02 May 2016 0
Last year's Scourge of War: Waterloo almost literally put you in the shoes of Napoleon or Wellington at the titular battle, giving you real-time control of the battlefield. Considering the warm reception it received, not to mention Napoleon's extensive portfolio, it was inevitable that the Scourge of War series would tackle Napoleonics a bit more. That was confirmed this morning when a new expansion for Scourge of War: Waterloo was announced, Scourge of War: Quatre Bras.
This expansion will take you to the Battle of Quatre Bras with a highly detailed and accurate 25 square mile map of the area. Apart from bringing you an entirely new battle, it will also be chocked full of other goodies:
- Extensively researched Order of Battle
- Historical 5 mile x 5 mile battlefield map
- Five scenarios covering critical actions during the battle.
- Exclusive new loading screen art from Mitchell Nolte: “The 79th Highlanders”
- AI, Gameplay and UI Additions
- Added new slider Toolbar for player feedback (mod menu)
- Added the 'targeting' logic for cavalry squadrons (see slider toolbar)
- Improved Hannover flags added.
- Removed the ability for cavalry to capture and bring enemy guns into action.
- Removed auto-run reaction of troops under fire.
- Increased melee penalty for skirmishers.
- Skirmishers now fall back at shorter distance from nearest enemy if supported.
- Improved control of TC units when near the enemy and under fire.
- Improved Cavalry and Infantry Square logic and dynamics.
- Improved brigade command AI.
- Reactivated cavalry orders in courier menu.
- Added new battle statistics screen on 'end of battle' screen.
- Improved AI stances when stationary and when at long range from the enemy.
- Historical variant adjustments for WL10 and WL20
- Modding improvements
- Enabled modder access to skills level and defensive ground bonus with three new AI functions: DBonusVal(), GetLevel() and GetPoints().
- Added two new variables: #unitAItype, #onlyoffAItype.
- Fixed dump of 'dumpoobscen' command.
- Fixed problem with additional column for French unit names in the scenario files created using 'dumpscen' or 'dumpoobscen'.
- Corrected ORDTACDivPlay AI function.
- Corrected 'friendcloseyds()' AI function.
- Corrected GetOrders() AI function - brigade AI is now more under player control when using stances, stationary and far from the enemy.
We don't have a date for Scourge of War: Quatre Bras, yet, but you can pick up the base game over at Steam right now.