rinelk

Re: Worse Site Ever

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:21 pm

No ive just gpot here,well about 20mins ago and i agree this is the worst site ive come across in some time...im still trying to log in hahaha yet i see down the bottom in'who is online'i am one of the registered members !!yet my pw+details which i dont usually forget seem to NOT work??wtf?is this site?...seems something isnt working properly?...sigh
Each first post from a user requires approval by a mod, as an anti-spam measure. I've allowed this one through as a warning to others who might think that the delay is the result of a problem with the site. We should make that clear on the registration page if we don't already. That was useful feedback, and I appreciate your thoughts.

But I almost didn't appreciate them enough to inflict your disregard of punctuation, spacing, capitalization, and spelling on our fellow forum users. Try to improve those problems in future posts, as I might be grumpy enough to ban you if you make it this hard to interpret your post next time.
Hey one spelling mistake i notice,whats the big deal?If your going to be Grumpy and picky over slight things like that,then its best you don't answer my posts and leave it for others to reply.I'm not going into details,but considering English is NOT my first language i'm not going to let you dent my enthusiasm for trying to write in english.Regards.
It's not a huge deal, it just makes text harder to interpret. You use spacing in a nonstandard way. Two examples might give you a flavor of what this is like to read:

hereisoneexampleallimdoingisomittingpunctuationandspacessoyouhavetofigureoutwherethedivisionsbetweenwordsare

hErSaNo#RcS

The second compresses text even further by omitting spaces and having readers pronounce capital letters (and introducing "#" in place on the long-deprecated thorn, which we normally write "th"). Once you understand that, it's possible to read it as "Here is another case", but it's a challenge if you aren't used to reading that way. My hope is that your native language hasn't trained you to be comfortable with the above examples, in order that they can illustrate the point. But I imagine someone familiar with Hebrew would have less difficulty reading text with vowels omitted, and German seems to leave one comfortable with run-on sentences, so I can imagine that your native language might be more flexible about spacing. But, for me, it's awkward, and slows me down. So, I leave it to you--if you'd like your posts to be easier to read, put a space after a punctuation mark, and capitalize "I". That would go a long way toward making it easier to figure out the general flow, which makes deciding misspellings easier. If not, I'll put it down to a cultural difference.

I've put up a post asking whether others are experiencing similar problems with Battle HQ. That should help diagnose the problem, which will hopefully get us on the way to fixing it!

Krampus

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 am

There would appear to be tumbleweeds rolling down the street on this forum.
Who destroyed the old Wargamer Forum?
(And when I say destroyed, I should note for the final time!)

EICJoe

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 am

Well, that's why I'm here. Hopefully we can change all that, but it would be good to know what brought you to the old forums.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

IckieStickie

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:06 am

I don't know if this is an excuse?,but i was using a Mobile Phone that kept printing letters i didn't choose!I apologise if you could not read it.Now your example above is totally unreadable,at least i can read mine.I can not read yours at all.You can close this post if you wish,and i'm willing to Take the Comment back.This site isnt so bad after all. :roll: (Ive found some excellent reviews).
These are the old forums?Maybe that's because i was viewing an old games review and a Matrix link probally brought me here.

Krampus

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:13 am

Well, that's why I'm here. Hopefully we can change all that, but it would be good to know what brought you to the old forums.
I used to reply regularly on the old site.

scotty123

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:46 pm

all these knocks against this sight and the dummies that run it have not done a Damn thing to change anything. It is just plain broody AWFUL!!

Return to “Feedback and Help”