wesweber

Fall of France

Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 am

Hi, new to the site. I'm interested in the fall of France, 1940, period. I'm looking for a computerized game concerning the 1940 periond of WW2 or includes that period. I've been playing "Close Combat" and "Combat Mission Shock Force 2" lately but haven't found anything for 1940.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

The Fox

Re: Fall of France

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:11 pm

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panze ... nce40.html

France '40 Gold

Scenarios

25 scenarios and campaigns focusing primarily on the period from 10-24 May.
Campaign optional setups allow for either free Allied play from 10 May or Allied commitment to deploy historically in central Belgium while lightly screening the Ardennes.
Map covers over 78,000 hexes that encompasses northern France, Belgium, Luxembourg and southern Holland.

New scenarios included with the Gold release include:

An additional 68 new scenarios. 24 are from the Ed ‘Volcano Man’ William’s Alternate mod and a further 44 new ‘Prucha’ scenarios from Michael Prucha and David Michas making 93 in total. These include both historical and hypothetical scenarios. The Prucha scenarios cover the whole 1940 German campaign in North West Europe, including for the first time, the complete Netherlands campaign. A new expanded map is now over 212,000 hexes in size, 2.7x larger than the original.

You can try the demos before buying.

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/decisi ... w-to-paris

Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain if you do well enough).

Return to “Computer Games”