Private Prinny

Strategy & Tips & Help Central

Fri May 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi,

I have a specific game related question regarding Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion. In the old Forum we had a Megathread but I feel a bit silly reviving a megathread here to a game which is basically old news (at least with the modern (mobile) gaming market) for just a quick question. So I decided to try out a new style where people could ask about "older" or "obscure" game related questions. maybe this works, maybe it gets confusing lets see where that leads us.

I am a pretty slow gamer, most people have probably moved on already but....
(Deathwatch:Tyranid Invasion late-Game spoilers following)

TL;DR: How did you finish the last mission on normal difficulty?

I am on the final mission of the game on normal difficulty and was just obliterated by the Tyranids. I was caught of guard by the objective of this mission. Outrun a vortex explosion. I tried to rush it and was caught between a rock and a hard place, where the rock is a pretty angry Carnifex and the hard place is a Hive Tyrant and a lot of Brood Lords, Tyrant Guards and Cannon Fodder.
I panicked midway trough and tried to slow down and mow down the opposition but failed spectacularily. Its the first time loosing my Marines at all in the complete Campaign and losing XP-progress because usually I could tough it out.

Here my team:
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (198.07 KiB) Viewed 2764 times

I know it is maybe a bit sub-par but I wanted to go with a full Ultraboringmarines setup. I don't have a complete Emo-Angels and Space Mutt team yet.
Aside from the Assault Marine they have all skills unlocked and at least 1 (some have 2) Inventory slots as well as some accuracy buffs via leveling up.
It is as you can see Bolter Weapons only. I had no problems with that gear even in the missions leading to the finale since the enemy never overwhelmed me that much so I could go with the low (?) damage output with that bolters (which are aside from the bolt pistols very low tier...I didn't find any good bolters/heavy bolters yet).

So anyone mind to share their succesful way & strategy trough that meat grinder?

geigerm

Re: Strategy & Tips & Help Central

Fri May 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Wow, it's been a while, but from what I remember, I actually let the fire help me with a couple of Tyranids. Having lost the scenario once or twice let me figure out where the enemies were going to be, so I'd rush ahead, engage them, and then try my best to effectively hide against the big guys. Force them to chase me around the small central island and try to time it so they were on the wrong side when the fire reached us.

I'm sure I didn't make it out with all 5 marines--I think I had 2 left.

PixelBeep

Re: Strategy & Tips & Help Central

Sat May 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Great question. The last mission can be really difficult. Especially if, like in my case, you don't really get any high level Marine cards along the way and don't have access to some of the more advanced abilities that make this level more manageable. You will not see this on video (see below), however, when I completed this mission, all my marines but one died on the second to last enemy. With the remaining marine, I just sprinted towards the end, got lucky on resisting / avoiding attacks and made it to the evac zone. Not a proud victory, but a proud victory, never the less. You can see me do the whole playthrough on the link below. Make sure to check the comments around the final videos, as a lot of people comment on different strategies for the level and also post a loot table, which is useful, if you are after farming specific items.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5X_gfgbszB

Return to “Mobile Games”