SpiceTheCat

Colonization on iOS receives update, still appalling

Thu May 12, 2016 7:46 am

Well, it turns out that the astoundingly awful port of Sid Meier's Colonization has received an update. There I was thinking the devs were just going to kick the thing out of the door and forget about it, but no. "Minor bug fixes" maybe. However, the major UI flaws and everything that sucks are still there. I checked.

The original news item and comment thread is here: http://www.pockettactics.com/news/old-w ... n-appears/. I don't think Dave ever did do that review, probably out of a sense of mercy. I didn't get a refund and kept the game as a reminder that impulse buys are not always a good idea.

It serves a calibration purpose, on the Port Quality Ranking Scale. FTL, being perfect, is 100; SMC is near-zero (it gets a couple of PQRS points for running at all, and for having the mouse pointer respond, however badly, to a screen touch).
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

Snotty128

Re: Colonization on iOS receives update, still appalling

Thu May 12, 2016 11:16 pm

I thought I would be the last one holding out for a fix. I only deleted the app last week, the interminable wait for them to patch their broken game got too much for me in the end.

Of course this patch doesnt fix the sound stutter, and I still cant skip the intro after picking my civ.

It pains me to see such a favourite game in such an unplayable state.

Return to “Mobile Games”