admin
Site Admin

HEARTHSTONE: BATTLEGROUNDS TACTICS - THE THINKING MAN'S AUTO CHESS GAME

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:05 pm

So, after Blizzard finally opened up the Hearthstone Battlegrounds beta to everyone, I’ve managed to take it for a spin to see what it’s like. In short - interesting. It’s definitely a refreshing take on Auto Chess as a format, although it seems to combine both the best and worst elements of Hearthstone in order to create the experience.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/h ... o-battler/

biffpow

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:49 pm

This is a concise and accurate summary, Joe--nice job. I agree on the prevalence of stat boosting, which irks me. It's a lot to track, and I have found myself too-often surprised that a small card shows up on the opponent's board with something like 15/20 stats. I think I don't get the right combos required to make this work yet. This aspect doesn't feel like strategy so much as memorizing combos and hoping for good draws.

Because of that, I don't like this "mode" of HS. I mean, HS itself is already struggling (for me) with allowing too much RNG, and Battlegrounds is full-on RNG, from the moment you're given two (often bad) choices about which hero you get to be.

It also doesn't feel like a "mode" to me because it's a completely different game. The pace, strategy, and manner of play are all totally different. If it's successful, I hope they simply spin it off as its own app, as I don't want to have to play it for challenges and rewards and the like.

Interesting new path for them to take, but it's not for me.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”