SleepingGiant

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:24 pm

WarGames:

"How about a nice game of chess?"
How about global thermonuclear war?

I just signed up with PlayDek as SleepingGiant if anyone wants to add me as a friend and most likely beat me at a Cold War arms race, I'm still a total n00b at this game. And apologies if I double-post this, experiencing some technical difficulties apparently.

CrowBF

Re: One More Thing

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:41 am

Still not got my code here. Seems backers get rewarded by being some of the last to play the game, nice.

Divi8

Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:41 pm

I guess this game is great and I've been reading some strategies.
But no matter wich side I play, I win every game after first round because the AI doesn't play the score card.

Js619

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm JS619 on Playdek... looking forward to some games as soon as my backer code comes through. I'm tempted to drop the 7.99 or whatever it is just to have it already!

Neo42

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:19 pm

First timer of the game. Tutorial seemed pretty good/useful/informative. I love how thematic the game is.

My only complaint so far though is that I had to open something else during the tutorial. When i came back I noticed it had forgotten where I was in the tutorial. That can drive some people away. It has driven me away from some games. And the tutorial was long enough that I had to put my ipad away 2 times before i could finish the tutorial. Thankfully it was fine as long as you didn't close the app. Turning off the ipad and powering back on was fine.

Good job though in general, PlayDek. I'm surprised you started using Unity though. I thought your native engines that you made were fine? I suppose it helps the porting/develop once method though to use Unity. The problem of course is losing some lower level powers native to the platforms.

whovian223

Re:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:05 pm

I'm JS619 on Playdek... looking forward to some games as soon as my backer code comes through. I'm tempted to drop the 7.99 or whatever it is just to have it already!
I'm up and running playing with a friend of mine.

Shoot me a request when you're in. Would love to try more.

Js619

Re: Re:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm up and running playing with a friend of mine.

Shoot me a request when you're in. Would love to try more.
Absolutely!

ImInnocent

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:37 pm

There seems to be a bug with a scoring card. It's also doing this even when scoring the card would grant them domination.
Below is an explanation:
For those who haven't been following this issue, it's actually a NEW bug, introduced in a later build/update. So the Steam version originally didn't have this issue (though the AI was still pretty lousy, but playable). Steam got an update with bug fixes, but it introduced this bug as well.

The Apple version seems to be based on that bugged Steam version. Steam has since gotten an update (several days later), so it's no longer an issue there. So clearly the code fix has been performed, it simply needs to be propagated to the Apple version now.

SpiceTheCat

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Come to the Tourney Dome, and fight other hapless newbies in the war room, I mean the Inaugural Smoking Ruins of PT Twilight Struggle tournament. http://www.pockettactics.com/forum/view ... 12&t=10082
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

Snotty128

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:44 pm

First person to bring nuclear war down on their own head wins a prize

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”