admin
Site Admin

Slitherine joins the sale train

Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Like E.B. Farnum walking into the Bella Union, I'm torn between exclaiming "My goodness" and "Heavens to Betsy" at the profusion of excellent sales.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/slith ... ale-train/

zot23

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Never played a Slitherine game on iOS, if I had to pick just one that is the best of this list, which should it be?

skoptic

Re:

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Never played a Slitherine game on iOS, if I had to pick just one that is the best of this list, which should it be?
That is not an easy question. There are a number there made on a couple of engines, but with different feels, so it depends what you like and whether you want IAP expansions

Panzer Corps is the 'biggest' both as grand strategy and most expansions, warhammer on same engine is also great. Battle academy 2 , Hell, Pike and Shot are tactical on same engine but diff content. Vietnam and Starhammer are diff engines and also great for coin / space tactical...

Not an answer, but just highlighting that I don't think there is a 'best' without more info about what you like :)

rinelk

Re:

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:25 pm

I quite liked Drive on Moscow and Battle of the Bulge--they're excellent introductory wargames. I've also played Qvadriga, and remember it fondly but don't intend to return to it. I hoped for more Gratuitous Space Battles from Legion--it might be good for some, but I went into it hoping for something else, and was disappointed.

I plan to buy Star Hammer, which sounds great, and El Alamein (third in the series which includes their two games I already liked). I'm waffling on Vietnam '65 and Pike and Shot, both of which sound like excellent wargames which might be really engaging, but which is want to devote significant time to playing which I don't really have at the moment. That concern is why I'm not ready to even consider Panzer Corps or Battle Academy--they seem BIG.

Alex Connolly

Re: Slitherine joins the sale train

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:38 am

I'd go Vietnam '65 and Starhammer, both excellent on iPad. Starhammer is especially accomplished, given its 3D camera and battlespace. Looks fine, too.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”