EICJoe

Re:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:07 am

Not including Panzer Corps is an outrage! Unless you want to group it with Shenendoah Studios' Battle of the Bulge ("Battle of the Bulge is the most important iOS game yet." - PT) and Moscow and others to form a Best Wargames category.

Another vote too for the Demon's Rise series.

Some of these categories are very narrow (best roguelike) while this one is so wide. Of course, the debate about all this is the fun part.
We should definitely do a wargame one, for sure! It'll probably be populated like 90% by Slitherine games mind... :D
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

EICJoe

Re: <t>Pocket Tactics Presents: The Best Android (and iOS) Turn-Based Strategy Games</t>

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:17 am

The list has been updated.

Neuroshima Hex (which has migrated over to the Board Game list) has been replaced by Templar Battleforce Elite.

Nice, thanks Joe! btw did you see my question about comments on the blog side being messed up?
Sorry for not replying to this directly btw - I did mean to respond. I'm not entirely sure what's causing that - it's on the 'to do' list of minor bugs to fix. :( Sorry about that.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

EICJoe

Re: <t>Pocket Tactics Presents: The Best Android (and iOS) Turn-Based Strategy Games</t>

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Guide has been updated - Six Ages joins the roster!

There will be a dedicated wargames guide, which will cover things like BA, Panzer Corps etc... (not that I'm making any assumptions as to which games will be featured).

Regarding Demon's Rise... the more I think about it, the more I think it's probably better suited for our Best RPGS list... not that it's featured there either, but there are games that have more in common with DR on that list already, so it's an easier shoe-in for rotation there.

With that out of the way, let the debate continue!
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

zot23

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Warbits needs to be on this list, if you crave Advance Wars on mobile it's the only game in town.

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:59 am

Warbits needs to be on this list, if you crave Advance Wars on mobile it's the only game in town.
Warbits! I keep forgetting about that one... was a bit before my time and no-one talks about it anymore, but I know it's a PT fave. Will make a note for the next rotation for sure!
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Talarian

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:52 pm

I may be the last one around to think it, but Starbase Orion (iOS only, sadly) is still my favorite turn based strategy title.

TheMightyHoplite

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:34 am

For me, the best turn based strategy game for iOS is Slay.

I have been playing it since the 90???s on pc but the iOS version got a lot better than the original version (only AI and graphics, the core mechanic has never been changed)

biffpow

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Always enjoy seeing this list updated. Perhaps I will finally try Ticket to Earth. Any chance of us getting a re-review with the latest content?
Also, FF: Tactics needs to be in the HoF here. It has aged well and still defines what turn-based tactic games should be.

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am

Always enjoy seeing this list updated. Perhaps I will finally try Ticket to Earth. Any chance of us getting a re-review with the latest content?
Also, FF: Tactics needs to be in the HoF here. It has aged well and still defines what turn-based tactic games should be.
Good shout - I bought that recently during the BF Sales but haven't had time to sit down and really get into it yet. Will make a note for next time.

I think if we were to do a re-review, It'd be after Episode 4 is out and the game is actually complete. But even then... 'official' re-reviews are a bit of an awkward concept to games writing. I could easily commission a feature that looks at the game now vs. then, but officially overwriting our review... it raises questions.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

blanca12

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:40 pm

In my opinion, UNIWAR is - from far - the best.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”