admin
Site Admin

The Best (And Worst) Auto Chess Games on Android and iOS

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Dota Auto Chess was called “the next big thing” after its meteoric rise back in January 2019.

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/aut ... s-android/

raindog308

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Today I learned there are no good auto chess games for iOS.

Every single one listed here is "$9.99 for a bag of gems" IAP crapware. Sad...

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am

Today I learned there are no good auto chess games for iOS.

Every single one listed here is "$9.99 for a bag of gems" IAP crapware. Sad...
Rain, if you're not actually going to try one, then try not to be too grumpy please. If the presence of any kind of IAP is your redline, then that's fine - I can respect that, but don't just assume all the games are shovel-ware because that's being disingenuous.

I'd like to think you had more faith in me than that - I didn't decide to talk about this stuff just for shits and giggles.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Neepneep

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Well here???s one person at least who???s glad you covered these. Didn???t know about the auto-chess genre but it looks interesting. Have given a couple of them a go and they both seem good games. Don???t know about all the cosmetics and gems and stuff but if you just ignore that side and focus on the game there???s fun and challenge to be had I think.

Wanted to like the auto chess origin title as there???s a link to Epic games which is one of my son???s favourites, but the art style is not my thing. I???m not sure I???d say arena of evolutions is exactly gritty but a bit more mature maybe. Although as you say seems like they ran out of sci fi ideas and stuck in a panda at random.

Looking forward to checking out dota underlords.

The other two seem like exact same game just with different skins but I think it???s a genre worth watching.

Neepneep

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:39 pm

DOTA Underlords is in the App Store. Much of a muchness.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”