admin
Site Admin

The Wargamer’s Guide to… The Best WW2 Strategy and War Games

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:42 pm

This year may be the centennial of World War One, but WW2 is always in fashion.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/best-w ... war-games/

Curious

Re: <t>The Wargamer’s Guide to… The Best WW2 Strategy and War Games</t>

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm

No Hearts of Iron IV, no Gary Grigsby's War in the West. Strike Two! They are the ultimate.

EICJoe

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am

No Hearts of Iron IV, no Gary Grigsby's War in the West. Strike Two! They are the ultimate.
It was a toss up between War in the West and War in the East, truth be told. East won out this time.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Jesopi

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 pm

How about the Panzer Campaigns games from John Tiller. I recently discovered this series of games ans I'm completely hooked. Amazing games and an amazing community ready to help you out.

Highly recommended!

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:09 pm

How about the Panzer Campaigns games from John Tiller. I recently discovered this series of games ans I'm completely hooked. Amazing games and an amazing community ready to help you out.

Highly recommended!
Excellent shout! Which one is your favourite so far?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ltgentanz

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 pm

No love for the Combat Mission X2 series?

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 am

No love for the Combat Mission X2 series?
You're not the first to ask! I'm not as familiar with that series so it didn't make the cut this time around, but quite a few people have flagged them up as good games so they'll probably be in V2 of the is.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Jesopi

Re: Re:

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:36 am

Highly recommended!
Excellent shout! Which one is your
favourite so far?

Playing Smolensk 41 at the moment and I like the setting. Lots of maneuvering. This is my favourite so far. Also played a few Kharkov 42 scenario’s.

Next will be Stalingrad, looking forward to that one. For Western theatre looking forward to Market Garden and Bulge...a lot of gaming ahead 😀. Good times!!! 👍

EICJoe

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Alright, I give in - I added a Combat Mission game! :P
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ltgentanz

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 am

Anyone new to CM series should love it. There is a good size modding community people make some really great stuff. You will get every penny worth out of this game too because there is countless hours of campaigns, scenarios, pbem, qb's. They have demos so people can give it a test drive. Not a fan of Battlefronts activation system but I pre orderded the first game in series in 2011 Battle for Normandy and never had any issues. Their customer support is very competent from my experience.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”