admin
Site Admin

Review: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided DLC

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 pm

The Fall of the Roman Empire was one of the saddest moments in history; almost as sad as that scene where the dog dies in Marley & Me.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review- ... vided-dlc/

BletchleyGeek

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:03 am

> Thankfully, those grubby Total Warhammer hands didn???t changed Rome II???s excellent battles, and clashes remain engaging, tactical affairs instead of the MOBA-like ???over in a minute??? conflicts of Warhammer.

Thanks for writing that

Juanito

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 pm

> As usual with the smaller Total War campaigns, Empire Divided focus more on people than empires.

Sorry, but it is a lie. If you play more than 3 hours this campaign, you will understand that it is not a small company... It is big company with many gameplay hours. It looks more like Attila standart campaign.

Commander Cello

Re:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:02 am

> As usual with the smaller Total War campaigns, Empire Divided focus more on people than empires.

Sorry, but it is a lie. If you play more than 3 hours this campaign, you will understand that it is not a small company... It is big company with many gameplay hours. It looks more like Attila standart campaign.
I appreciate your input, but you're sorely mistaken. Empire Divided focus is clearly on the public figures on top of each faction, as exemplified by the fact named leaders can't even die in battle.

I assume what you meant by "company" was "campaign", in which case 1. It was not what that paragraph talked about and 2. it is smaller than Rome II's Grand Campaign, but takes a lot of time to complete -- like every other Total War campaign.

Make an effort to understand what is being said before accusing people next time. ;)

Juanito

Re: Review: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided DLC

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

I appreciate your input, but you're sorely mistaken. Empire Divided focus is clearly on the public figures on top of each faction, as exemplified by the fact named leaders can't even die in battle.

I assume what you meant by "company" was "campaign", in which case 1. It was not what that paragraph talked about and 2. it is smaller than Rome II's Grand Campaign, but takes a lot of time to complete -- like every other Total War campaign.

Make an effort to understand what is being said before accusing people next time. ;)
No. I have played 15+ hours in Empire Divided by red Rome and I can't say that there is the focus on the public figures. This "focus" is just a few quests with 4 options to choice with different effects. I do not feel any focus on the public figures, It's hard for me even remember names of the most generals because I do not feel their significance. Developers tried to do this focus but they did not succeed I think :) It is just good ordinary campaign with good balance.

Also I think that Empire Divided isn't smaller than original company. Just original company has more minor fractions with 1-2 cities.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”