admin
Site Admin

Historicon's New Home IV: This time, it's permanent (we hope)

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 pm

On 8th February 2018, at 1349 hours, the Board of Directors for the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society (HMGS) dropped a bomb of sorts, albeit a very pleasant one.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/histor ... caster-pa/

DeRuyter66

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Looks great! I am with you. The eating establishments are much nicer downtown and you don't have to choose the hot dog stand or losing your parking spot to go eat!

As for the hotel rooms I for one had not stayed in the Host for 10 years, so there is no reason (other than parking) to stay in town if you want a cheaper room.

Speaking of parking there is already grumbling on TMP about paying for parking for the weekend, $60 maybe. Cheap by NYC or Philly standards but then again miniatures gamers are notoriously cheap!

EICJoe

Re: <t>Historicon's New Home IV: This time, it's permanent (we hope) </t>

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Well I can imagine why I'd be upset under the same circumstances - think of all the miniatures you could buy for $60!

That's the argument I use with my fiance whenever she tries to get me to go on holiday, although for me its videogames and boardgames mainly.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ltgentanz

Re: <t>Historicon's New Home IV: This time, it's permanent (we hope) </t>

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 am

"Even the largest disaster is handled efficiently and quickly, and always with a calm but noticeably pleasant smile."

We'll see about that.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”