blanca12

Re: <t>The Wargamer’s Guide to… The Best WW2 Strategy and War Games</t>

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:05 am

No Hearts of Iron IV, no Gary Grigsby's War in the West. Strike Two!
Bluestacks TextNow VPN

AndrewYS

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 pm

Strategic games, which include issues like research, political efforts, economic issues, tech advances, are completely different than operational games, which focus on warfare issues only, and are the games I prefer.

My favorite WW2 operational series at this point is Panzer Corps and I'm greatly looking forward to PZ Corps 2. But any dedicated fan of WW2 operational games should try out Operational Art of War and Panzer Campaigns as both are excellent and are continually being improved.

O'Donovan

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 pm

If they have ANY realtime games in their list, they need to include World War II Online (WWIIOL - wwiionline.com). It has TWO Guinness World Records and has the largest non-instanced game map in the business, a 1/2 scale map of western Europe. It's a full combined-arms simulator. You can drive tanks, pilot planes, captain ships, man AA or AT guns, drive trucks, be a paratrooper, or be regular infantry with many different loadouts, from rifles to explosive charges to mortars to anti-tank guns and more. There are DLC packs available on Steam, monthly subscriptions available on Steam or on their website, or you can play free as infantry with a bolt-action rifle. This is NOT an arcade game, but has the max amount of realism they can get with ballistics, aerodynamics, et cetera. With the exception of some static defensive positions around towns and bases, everyone trying to kill you is a real player. You can't pay to win to get better equipment, either. What you have is what THEY had, back in the day, with no upgrades available.

There is nothing like having a battle for a town with hundreds of people killing each other, planes flying overhead, strafing and bombing, tanks rolling through, players building fortifications, and a ton more.

BTW, I am not connected with the company that runs WWIIOL. I'm just a player.

AndrewYS

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:38 pm

I recently purchased The Battle Academy Series by Slitherine. A fun, tactical WW2 game that can be very challenging at higher difficulty levels.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”