admin
Site Admin

<t>The Wargamer’s Guide To… The Best Korean War games</t>

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:23 pm

The stars have aligned again and called for an accounting of Korean War games. Really, it’s two rather terrestrial factors at work here: The Koreas have been in the news...

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/korean-war-games/

Enaris

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 pm

One you forgot off the top is John Tiller's "The Korean War"

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Squad ... anWar.html

Zachwave

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Red Dragon has a couple of Korean war reignited scenarios of which are quite fun, albeit not a true experience. For those who want arcade action and relatively modern equipment butting heads on the peninsula.

ianboudreau

Re: <t>The Wargamer’s Guide To… The Best Korean War games</t>

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 am

Thank you Subby! And good gracious, what a resource this is. Much appreciated!

bardosy

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 am

Please made a list about Falkland War games!

jeffnward

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Ian,

Though it's technically more than a Korean wargame, TOAW 3 and 4 contain the best depiction of the Korean War I've ever played.

And when you create these lists, my fervent wish is that you separate simulations like Mig Alley from true wargames.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:20 am

Ian,

Though it's technically more than a Korean wargame, TOAW 3 and 4 contain the best depiction of the Korean War I've ever played.

And when you create these lists, my fervent wish is that you separate simulations like Mig Alley from true wargames.
Yeah I do get where you're coming from. I'm still of the opinion that 'Simulation' games still qualify as a adjacent-genre to wargames, because they are simulating war, which is what wargames are trying to do themselves. Different approaches to the same goal. In MA's case, Air warfare. Yeah it's not a traditional 'wargame' but that's why in this list we've got that 'Tags' line, to summarise what the game is in a few simple words.

There's so little content for topics like this, I'd rather not start excluding things over things like this.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

CrazyOkie

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:49 pm

You missed/forgot Norm Koger's excellent Conflict: Korea - one of the first computer wargames that I played, and one of my favorites even now.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”