admin
Site Admin

Panzer Corps 2 gets its first Dev Diary and a glimpse at key features

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm

While it’s rare that we highlight individual dev diaries in their own news post (we could have saved this for Wargamer Weekly, for example), the fact that this one is...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/panzer ... -features/

Roper

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:28 pm

I'm probably most excited for overrun. I really liked that mechanic in Panzer General 2 and the tanks in Panzer Corps always felt really inadequate to me. It was still a good game which I fully supported but not great like Panzer General 2 imo. I'm hopeful this one will be. I'm a little concerned about the graphics though and am not sure why the color is so bland, the shadows amorphous, and the infantry seem to tower over all the other units...

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 am

I'm probably most excited for overrun. I really liked that mechanic in Panzer General 2 and the tanks in Panzer Corps always felt really inadequate to me. It was still a good game which I fully supported but not great like Panzer General 2 imo. I'm hopeful this one will be. I'm a little concerned about the graphics though and am not sure why the color is so bland, the shadows amorphous, and the infantry seem to tower over all the other units...
I think the 'larger-than-life' infantry thing is a stylistic choice to keep everything in perspective. If you play Field of Glory 2, there's a similar effect where terrain features like houses etc... are tiny compared to the infantry units that seem like giants. It's just a visual thing to abstractly represent the scale you're fighting at.

It won't please everyone but to try and make it look more 'realistic' I think would be worse for the game.

Time will tell though.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor
Wargamer.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”