admin
Site Admin

The Best Vietnam War games

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:42 am

There’s no pithy way to sum up the Vietnam War without cheapening events or glossing over crucial details of one of the most complicated conflicts of the modern era.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/vietnam-war-games/

amandachen

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Great. BTW this open quote should be an apostrophe: Vietnam ???65

ltgentanz

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Looking forward to Campaign Series Vietnam. Info is vague but I think they were trying to release this year or early next.

bardosy

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:06 pm

How could Vietcong game miss from this list?
Yeah its old, but the best vietnam FPS.
Its not a coincidence that the best missions for Arma3 Unsung are inspirated by this other Czech game.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 am

How could Vietcong game miss from this list?
Yeah its old, but the best vietnam FPS.
Its not a coincidence that the best missions for Arma3 Unsung are inspirated by this other Czech game.
Well these lists are largely down to experience and what we've played as much as they are some collective consensus. We do miss things sometimes, and sometimes we haven't played a game so it's hard to get a read on how good it is. That's where we let the community step in :) For the refresh, we'll look at and see what games other have advocated for and sometimes those suggestions make it into version 2.

I also like to try and skew away from older games where I can, although admittedly in the niche subjects it can be hard.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

bardosy

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Sorry if my comment sound like offensive.
I just mentioned Vietcong game as the article told so: "What are your favourite Vietnam War games?"
And you listed Arma3 Unsung mod, so I also mentioned that lot of mission with this mod is inspirated by Vietcong.
And I still recommend you to try it (not the sequel, but the first one).

And please: do a list about Falkland war games. It's more forgotten than Korean war.
I only know two gamers, but both are mod:
* a bunch of mod for Arma 2.
* "Ring of hill" mod for Heroes of Stalingrad.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Sorry if my comment sound like offensive.
I just mentioned Vietcong game as the article told so: "What are your favourite Vietnam War games?"
And you listed Arma3 Unsung mod, so I also mentioned that lot of mission with this mod is inspirated by Vietcong.
And I still recommend you to try it (not the sequel, but the first one).

And please: do a list about Falkland war games. It's more forgotten than Korean war.
I only know two gamers, but both are mod:
* a bunch of mod for Arma 2.
* "Ring of hill" mod for Heroes of Stalingrad.
Oh no it wasn't offensive, don't worry about it. Just trying to explain how we tend to approach these lists :) Yeah I'd be surprised if there's enough content to write up a list on the Falklands... maybe there's a TOAW scenario? Can look into it but we've got to round off the usual suspects first.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”