admin
Site Admin

Historicon 2019: Best One Yet?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm

If there is one word that will stir up a veritable hornets’ nest in the ranks of the normally docile legions of American historical miniature wargamers, that word is Historicon,...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/histor ... on-report/

DeRuyter66

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Despite the usual TMP grumblers a spot on assessment! My only quibble would be the escalators of which the up direction seemed to be broken until Saturday night. I day tripped in and was able to park in Steinman garage just across the street even getting in at 11 am on one day! I ran a game (one of the 3 age of sail games!) and brought a tournament army (Blood and Plunder for yet another genre!) People on TMP claiming that parking is easier at the Host seem to have gotten the construction zone or the long walk from the back lot.

You didn't mention the many food options in Lancaster just a block or two away, including a great farmers market. No need to eat at the $$ hotel spot or get the buffet although that seemed to be adequate. A few minor hiccups that can be solved - larger ballrooms can be sectioned off to deaden the noise level for example.

Lastly yes that Siege of Paris game was fabulous!

MGH

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:51 pm

We were there on Thursday and did not leave until late Saturday afternoon and NONE of the up escalators were working the whole time. But otherwise I would mostly concur with your review. We definitely enjoyed the convention, lots to do and lots to spend our money on.
I played in one of the Siege of Paris games and it was as much fun to play as it was impressive to look at. The gentleman who ran it (and his daughter!) did a fantastic job.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”