admin
Site Admin

Legendary War Game Designer Richard Berg Has Passed Away

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm

It is with great sadness that we report the passing of legendary board war game designer Richard H. Berg.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/richar ... war-games/

beldurax

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:13 pm

RIP, Mr. Berg - I have many of your amazing games. You were a true legend.

hmgs1@hotmail.com

Re: <t>Legendary War Game Designer Richard Berg Has Passed Away</t>

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:46 pm

I never thought I would be one to speak ill of the dead, but I have to admit I had very mixed emotions when I learned of his passing last week. I knew him personally and worked with him or in support of him on several of his wargame designs (so yes, you will see my name in print). As a designer he was absolutely brilliant and in that regard, this wing of the hobby has lost a certified genius.

As a person, not so much, particularly towards other game designers. Politically liberal like myself, who publicly championed transparency and ethical behavior, he rarely mentioned he was first suspended then forced to resign from the NY Bar for dishonest judicial conduct. He was also one of the most rude, condescending and intolerant people I have ever met, whose own opinion of himself can be ascertained by his trademark catch phrase, "I am da king!" He was one of the only people I ever unfriended on Facebook.

Sad he passed, to be sure, but yet in a very conflicted sort of way. He will nevertheless be missed.

Colonel Bill

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”