admin
Site Admin

WarPlan Review

Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:26 pm

The year is 1940. All Europe lies beneath the Nazi jackboot. From Warsaw to Paris, Hitler’s armies reign supreme. Britain stands alone.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/warplan/

Alvaro Sousa

Re: <t>WarPlan Review</t>

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:38 pm

I appreciate the review on WarPlan. I am the developer. I took your comments and fixed a few things about the game.

You mention the game has no soul. Can you be specific on what you mean?

The main difference I see is that WarPlan doesn't have a theatrical feel like some other games do.
Decisive Campaigns addresses you as a general
Strategic Command 3 gives you decision events

WarPlan was developed to give a board wargame feel.

hairog

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:58 pm

I was afraid this was going to happen. I was a beta tester and I warned Matrix that this game would be hard to market properly.

On the surface, WarPlan does seem very simple. However, underneath the hood, there is a lot going on that the developer has hidden and simplified for the player. Nevertheless it is still there. If the player wants to get into the weeds, there are a full 40 acres that you can get into.

Do you want to give your guys a little boost on the attack, look into ???truck supply???. Your ships running out of oil while at sea, plan ahead and buy some oilers and you can keep them at sea. Is that hex vital to your defensive line, then give your units the special order to ???Hold???.

If you suspect the enemy is going to try and invade your coastline, put some air units on ???Full Support??? and watch them try and intercept the invasion forces during the other player???s turn. That???s why you truly need that six hours Napoleon was talking about in this game and if you don???t win the Battle of Britain, you won???t win Sea Lion.

I could go on and on.

My point being that calling WarPlan a simple game is not correct. You should call it a simple game to play, but a hard game to master.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”