admin
Site Admin

Kards is a more serious take on Hearthstone with a WW2 feel, and we're here for it

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Card games aren't our main forte here at Wargamer.com, although personally I think card play is one of the more interesting innovations in modern wargaming.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/kards-ww2-card-game/

Roper

Re: <t>Kards is a more serious take on Hearthstone with a WW2 feel, and we're here for it</t>

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:24 am

I'm excited to try this! I never got into Hearthstone but I spent a lot of time and got quite good at Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. I've been wanting to scratch a CCG itch for a while and will try this this weekend. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.

EICJoe

Re: <t>Kards is a more serious take on Hearthstone with a WW2 feel, and we're here for it</t>

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:04 am

I'm excited to try this! I never got into Hearthstone but I spent a lot of time and got quite good at Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. I've been wanting to scratch a CCG itch for a while and will try this this weekend. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.
You're welcome - I had a surprisingly fun time with it, and I actually really like the frontline mechanic. Would like to see that experimented with further as it reminds me of a physical game I used to play called Warhammer 40K: Conquest.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

AP514

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:26 am

Played this one a month or so back......

After a few game you learn it is TOTALLY a PAY TO WIN or even to compete game.

A BIG PASS for me.....

AP514

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:57 am

Played this one a month or so back......

After a few game you learn it is TOTALLY a PAY TO WIN or even to compete game.

A BIG PASS for me.....

AP514
I wouldn't agree with that assessment but It can be difficult to face off against someone who has access to better cards than you. That's true of most card games though.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”