admin
Site Admin

Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal Review

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:01 pm

The problem that I have with naval games is what I call the ‘wall of death’.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/carrier ... adalcanal/

Niko

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Sorry, don't want be rude but can't understand in full 2020 develop a game with this quality of graphics, it's really a shame, it's surely a good game but with this appearance I doubt that it is a successful game and I say it from experience

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Sorry, don't want be rude but can't understand in full 2020 develop a game with this quality of graphics, it's really a shame, it's surely a good game but with this appearance I doubt that it is a successful game and I say it from experience
I imagine this game has already been successful otherwise they wouldn't have funded a Android/PC version.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

CrazyOkie

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Why are you posting a review from 4 years ago? I saw the title and clicked on it thinking this game was finally coming out for Android and/or PC. Major letdown to see it is an old review. Boo.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:30 pm

Why are you posting a review from 4 years ago? I saw the title and clicked on it thinking this game was finally coming out for Android and/or PC. Major letdown to see it is an old review. Boo.
I'm salvaging older articles from one of our sister sites because that site is going through a transition soon and a lot of stuff, like this review, will be lost if I don't. Wanted to do a test to see what people thought.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

AvalonDigital

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:29 am

The review is indeed about the game when it was released some years ago, for iPad.

Now we are working on the PC version, with improved looks and content, plus the possibility to play both sides...and more

See the webshop page here : https://avalon-digital.com/en/dlc/carrier-battles

A new website for that game (now under construction) will open soon on: www.carrier-battles.com

Cheers

Philippe Thibaut

kondor999

Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 am

This is not just the best wargame on iOS, it’s the best wargame on this subject I’ve ever played (and I’ve been playing these things for 40 years now).

It really delivers an outstanding recreation of the various scenarios, and the graphics are excellent (despite what the boneheaded comment says above). Sure, if you want to see 3D carrier battles, look elsewhere.

But if you want a really great wargame with a clean, easy to use interface, great AI, and historical accuracy - this one’s the only game in town. And unlike so many other attempts, you can learn to play in just about 30 minutes. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

kolc

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:35 pm

Really good game. Just hope to have some sound effects in the PC version and/or as an update to the IOS version.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”