admin
Site Admin

Osprey publishing's third week of free Wargaming eBooks

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:48 am

Osprey, the excellent publisher of all things military history has announced its third week of free wargaming eBooks.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/free-osprey-ebooks/

jeffnward

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:28 pm

I have tried over a half-a-dozen times to take advantage of Osprey's generous offer only to be completely shut down for a variety of different reasons every time. That kind of thing really does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:50 pm

I have tried over a half-a-dozen times to take advantage of Osprey's generous offer only to be completely shut down for a variety of different reasons every time. That kind of thing really does leave a bad taste in your mouth.
What's happened when you've tried?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor
Wargamer.com
StrategyGamer.com

DeRuyter66

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:25 pm

I signed up for an account and got the first round of books no problem. On the second round I mistakenly went to the UK shop and it rejected my order stating my account was US based. Since that time I have been unable to log in. I suspect clearing my browser cache may fix this though. I did note that at certain times the Osprey site was very sloe and kept timing out.

ksbearski59

Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:45 pm

It didn't work for me either and I tried several times over multiple days. First, it said I was using the wrong store(UK), then when I switched to the US store it bombed every time I tried. I gave up.

The Fox

Re: <t>Osprey publishing's third week of free Wargaming eBooks</t>

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Found this possible fix :

1) Login to the site with the incorrect country set. Must be the incorrect country that was set when you first added your books to the cart.

2) Go to your shopping cart and remove all the content.

3) Now change the country to the correct one.

4) Add all the free books again.

5) Go through the checkout process.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”