admin
Site Admin

Libertad o Muerte! Review

Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:14 pm

There are many conflicts that really deserve to be covered, discussed, and known, but are blocked out by the Big Bois of World War 1, World War 2, Napoleonic etc...

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/libertad-o-muerte/

MiguelHQ

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi Jack,

It is not a nice thing to read such a review of one of my designs, but I have to understand that the game will deserve different opinions. In this case yours is what matters, at least to us Headquarter as we always want to improve and critics help us to do it.
So thank you for taking your time with the game and writting a review even being a not very good review for our company

We know in the first turns the player can get the feeling of playing forced cards, but this is because we designed events-cards instead of events like you suggest (we will add events in ore next game btw). So this event-cars have to be played, there is no choice, but this changes when the game goes on.

Regarding the purchase of units let me explain that a double left click leads the map to the regions where you can build that unit, this is one of the new featurees we have added in the engine, just trying to help the player, we know there more features to be add, but we are very small company and we will adding this kind of things one by one.

Phases, yes there are a lot, not 300 believe me ;) , this is similar to many boardgames, in fact is what Libertad o Muerte engine simulates. We will see if we can make them more dynamic in future games.

The Combat. This is totally new, and you totally dislike it, well I can't say nothing here. We just tried to make an easy to follow comfrontation but taking into acount the terrain, the morale and quality of troops, the leaders... In fact are the leaders the one that take control of the battle, for that reason is important to chose a good one fot the key battles, for example San Martin. But we will take note of your comments and other players to improve it in following games. like that one of adding more stacks, we already had it in mind.

Will be interesting to know more detail of wht you miss in the UI, as we can work on it, don't hesitate in contacting us.

Regarding the AI, Im surprised, Ive seen many players having big problems against AI, so well played for you.

Thanks again for your time with Libertad o Muerte!

Kind Regards,
Miguel

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”