admin
Site Admin

The fun value of realistic milsim

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:00 pm

When I was younger, I can recall watching videos of ArmA 2 on my laptop and being instantly hooked with the military realism the game displayed.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/the-fu ... ic-milsim/

markojager

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:58 pm

I love your article. I had the same experience, I had been in a unit of latin american players called CAA, that for 6-7 years was on point for amazing missions with the most professional outtake that we could do. Sometimes we were really hardcore until the point that he plataform alowed us to simulate. Hours and hours building tension without firing a shot, doing patrols, checking civilians in checkpoints, moving in a convoy, holding a position or rotating from place to place chasing an elusive HVT, until in one moment all hell broke loose with a little cable that somebody didn't see and blow up half of a section, a sudden civilan that run to us with a suicide vest, the sniper that shot a leader and many many situations that were incredible. Right now I don't have the time for it, unfortunately. But It was great, playing it with friends for hours until very late hours was one hell of experience that no other game came close to it. I liked to do realisitic-ish briefings with the elements that we had in Arma. This is the one game that had me play it with passion and deditacion.

devonturco

Re: <t>The fun value of realistic milsim</t>

Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:10 am

I had the same experience. I can recall watching videos of ArmA 2 on my laptop.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”