admin
Site Admin

Operation Citadel Review

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:12 pm

There are no shortage of Panzer General-style hex and counter wargames on the market. They’ve been a staple of the genre since Panzer General II drove the formula home in 1997.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/operation-citadel/

jeffnward

Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Joe,

You guys had to have covered this one because, when I went to Steam, I quickly discovered I already own it. And the only way I would've known about the game is if I read about it here!

Jeff

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:27 pm

Joe,

You guys had to have covered this one because, when I went to Steam, I quickly discovered I already own it. And the only way I would've known about the game is if I read about it here!

Jeff
I think I mentioned it in a wargamer weekly but we never officially reviewed it, so we thought we'd take a moment to do it now!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor
Wargamer.com
StrategyGamer.com

SDS

Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:57 pm

This is an excellent game. I found Panzer Corps 2 way too gimmicky and easy and worried more about eye candy than gameplay, and it was the one of the biggest gaming disappointments for me in years. Operation Citadel has stepped in and filled that hole perfectly. Definitely some roughness around the edges, historical inaccuracy (British and American troops are deployed opposite from what they were in real life on Operation Husky, for instance), but the gameplay feels just right, and the added ability to mod pretty much everything makes this far better than PC2 was, imo.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”