admin
Site Admin

Review: Travel Battle

Wed May 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Miniature wargame sculptors Alan and Michael Perry are about as close to tabletop royalty as you can get.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review-travel-battle/

CoffinDodger

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:03 pm

I have actually bought THREE copies of this game and can make a battlefield 30" wide by 20" deep. This gives the game a whole new perspective. Perry's also sell the troops and bases separate, so I purchased four frames of troops and a frame of bases. This will give me two armies of 32 infantry Battalions, 12 squadrons of light cavalry, 12 of heavy, and four artillery "batteries" for EACH player.

A quick paint job and you can field anything from Welly's Rifle Brigade, through Brunswick's black-clad infantry, to Swiss troops. At this 8mm scale, they won't satisfy the button-counting Wargames Fashion Police (WFP), but they suffice for me and look surprisingly good en masse.

I have had to house-rule a bit because of the larger board size, which amongst other things, meant increasing movement rates from one square to two for infantry and artillery, and from two squares to three for cavalry and generals. This allows me to finish a game in the same month that I started it. I have made another very few minor adjustments relating to moving in wods, rough terrain and hills along with a few combat modifiers for these as well.

Now, don't let painting these miniatures put you off because of their size; I am 68 and if I can do it, so can you.

I highly recommend this game and agree with Mr Gray's fantastic review above.

Regards,

James (Jim) O'Neill.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”