admin
Site Admin

Review: Barbarroja

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:27 pm

OK, this was unique. As a mini guy I’ve always been a sucker for great, colorful graphics in computer games.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/barbarroja/

Kolbex

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm

The eastern front has been done to death. I'm not really seeing anything this review that would answer what is, for me, an important question: price aside, what would lead me to choose this game over, say, War in the East or Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa?

Michael T

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:55 pm

I doubt this game will take anywhere near as much time to play as WITE does. To play WITE seriously you need at least 3-4 hours per turn.

As for DC3, well that game only covers 1941. This game goes till 1945.

I am going to try it. I have some Spanish friends so the lingo should not be a problem.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:51 am

The eastern front has been done to death. I'm not really seeing anything this review that would answer what is, for me, an important question: price aside, what would lead me to choose this game over, say, War in the East or Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa?
You have a valid point - I've had a debate with someone over at QT3 on the issue regarding how our content sometimes only takes games at face value.

While I still stand by the practice, this specific instance does highlight how sometimes we should look at the big picture. Eastern Front is a bit overdone, so there's very much a question to be asked as to where this game fits into that pantheon.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

fercornsake

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Love that you are doing reviews of indie titles like this. The hobby needs room to study and discuss games that are trying new things, even if they aren't home runs.

Don't listen to the folks who just want a buyers guide approach thats just about selling games.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”