biffpow

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Great update, Joe! I haven't been following anything from E3, so some of this was new to me.

I really hope FF: War of the Visions is not FTP garbage. Also hoping GoT: Beyond the Wall is not built on in-game currency nonsense.

Migasoto

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Commandos? Now that IS exciting. Loved that game.

moggylloyd

Re: Re:

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Not sure how many of these qualify as exciting. A few maybe, the rest are mostly meh. Good new games are getting more few and far between.

I see the Santorini board game is out now. As a big fan of digital board game ports, I???m excited to see what this one is like. The physical game is great, so hopefully it???s converted well.
Well it's just a title, I change it every month just to keep the article fresh - not interested in Phantom Doctrine? But I do know what you mean.

Yup we spotted that too, review is already in the works!
Definitely not a criticism of your headline, just an observation on the upcoming games. If these really are the most exciting mobile games coming up then it’s not going to be a great few months. Too many mediocre looking cash-ins for established franchises like CoD, GoT, FF, Clancy etc.

The board games definitely look like the standout titles. Speaking of that, I’ll look forward to the Santorini review 🙂

RedPanda

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Not sure Heaven's Vault can count as 'interactive fiction'. Their other games are but with it's actual graphics and extended sequences with no text this isn't really. It would however be a good fit for tablets, so looking forward to that.

RogueSero

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Don't forget Maze Machina by Arnold Rauers (creator of Card Thief, Card Crawl etc.)
We've been playing the alpha for a day now and so far this game is really really good and fun.
Sort of a cross between Card Thief and ENYO.
But yeah, still in alpha, so it might still be a while.
But definitely worth keeping an out for this one.
You can witness the progress on his Twitter and Discord.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”