admin
Site Admin

Upcoming War Games 2020

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:55 pm

There’s a lot on the horizon for PC wargamers in 2020! The big houses like Slitherine/Matrix and Paradox are showering us in DLC, updates, and new properties while indie developers...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/upcomi ... ames-2020/

AndrewYS

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:53 pm

PC 2 and Klotzen are the games I'm most interested in. The former is scheduled to be released in March (yay) but the latter seems to have disappeared, unfortunately.

tdavie

Re: <t>Upcoming War Games 2020</t>

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:08 am

Count me in for Second Front, Grand Tactitian and Campaign series: Vietnam.

Sadly, Panzer Corps leaves me cold- - I just don’t like tactically discernible models being portrayed on a strategic scale. Every time I pick up PC, I play part way through one scenario and think ‘nah, just can’t do this’. Nevertheless, I hope it’s a big success.

Tom

Vorenus81

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:12 am

I can see from that list, that 2020 will bring us two types of war games. The first type (these are the ones I'm personally waiting for) are games exploring new, little exploited areas and trying something new, combining different layers of strategic gameplay.
The second ones (those I'm not so much waiting for), are those which are based on well known and proven (albeit a bit rusty) mechanics.
I'm also glad that this year will bring new, interesting naval war games.
My personal top picks: Grand Tactician The Civil War, Task Force Admiral Volume 1, Civil War, Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail. Especially first two, seems to be developed by really dedicated and passionate teams.

McHugh

Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm

I never purchase games that don't have a multiplayer option. I did contact the Ultimate Admiral people about that but no reply.
Task Force Admiral Volume One looks interesting and their website it indicates that it will add multiplayer in a future update.

Gudmundur

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Check this one out. https://www.kards.com/

Gudmundur

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Check this one out. https://www.kards.com/
In Early Access on Steam. Pc Release in March

klotzen

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:15 am

PC 2 and Klotzen are the games I'm most interested in. The former is scheduled to be released in March (yay) but the latter seems to have disappeared, unfortunately.
Hi, AndrewYS, developer of Klotzen here.
We are currently in development hell but we will release this year. I am holding back on putting the status until I finish one big round of testing. This should give us a better estimate on when could the release date be. I really appreciate the interest, in spite the silence from our side.

There is a bit more info here (last few comments are me lamenting about the state of the game):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/804860/d ... 567793083/

DeRuyter66

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:20 pm

I see Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts on the list but not Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail also by Game Labs, which has just hit Steam EA.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:52 am

I see Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts on the list but not Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail also by Game Labs, which has just hit Steam EA.
I've been removing the games that have released, which includes releasing into Early Access - either it's 'out' in a form you can buy.

But it occurs to me I should really make a separate article detailing interesting wargames that are currently in Early Access, as they won't get dedicated reviews until they release properly.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”