admin
Site Admin

Field of Glory 2: Medieval has been announced

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

There was a big information dump last night from Slitherine and Matrix Games - lots to unpick which we’ll circle back to - but the biggest announcement of the night...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/field- ... -medieval/

DeRuyter66

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:17 pm

I listened to the Slitherine twitch stream. They confirmed standalone game with future DLC to get to the meat of the middle ages, ie; 1300-1480s.

The switch to standalone is not surprising given the issues trying to graft heavier armor and certain weapons into the ancients version. Although it may just have been a business decision. For the Ancients then that leaves the true early Biblical armies and possibly native armies in the Americas for potential DLC (and more campaigns maybe).

Zardoz01

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 am

Yes indeed. I want my Aztec Jaguar Warriors in there somewhere!

Le Tondu

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:11 am

I have all of FOG II and FOG Empires. I will say that he medieval troops shown in the image look very, VERY large compared to the terrain. Too large, IMHO . I prefer how they're represented in FOG II (ancients) because its closer to what a 15mm gaming table looks like. I will however anxiously await further developments. Maybe we will be able to scale them down to our taste.

hmgs1@hotmail.com

Re: <t>Field of Glory 2: Medieval has been announced</t>

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 pm

In my reviews I've often commented on the dwarf terrain, to include the proliferation of hobbit hovels, but here we go again.

I have stuck my name in for the Beta test via the Slitherine Website, and I will be curious to take it for a spin and do a First Look article. The game is actually the equivalent of the miniature wargaming Oath of Fealty: Feudal Europe at War expansion book and army list for the baseline FOG Ancients miniature rules. Wonder why RBS chose to go this new engine, stand alone route, what the differences might be,

Colonel Bill

DeRuyter66

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:07 pm

In my reviews I've often commented on the dwarf terrain, to include the proliferation of hobbit hovels, but here we go again.

I have stuck my name in for the Beta test via the Slitherine Website, and I will be curious to take it for a spin and do a First Look article. The game is actually the equivalent of the miniature wargaming Oath of Fealty: Feudal Europe at War expansion book and army list for the baseline FOG Ancients miniature rules. Wonder why RBS chose to go this new engine, stand alone route, what the differences might be,

Colonel Bill
RBS posted something about that choice on the Slitherine forums.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”