admin
Site Admin

Ultimate General: American Revolution is a thing and nobody told us

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:48 am

Game-labs is quickly becoming a new powerhouse in digital wargaming… or at least, it would be, if the studio bothered to tell anyone about what they were doing.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/ultima ... evolution/

Vorenus81

Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 am

What a surprise ! I've watched this movie and I'm hyped now, especially since they set out to fix some of the most annoying flaws of the Ultimate General Civil War like unrealistic friendly fire (artillery) or linear campaign. I see many inspirations taken from Grand Tactician, but that's a good thing. Let's only hope they haven't stretched too thin on several fronts with so many games being in production at once.
I really hope they are about to became a new powerhouse in the digital wargaming world and maybe even a competition to CA and Total War franchise.

DeRuyter66

Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Not really a big surprise if you follow Game Labs and Ultimate Admiral AOS. They already developed the tactical aspects of AWI land based combat in AOS (much to the chagrin of the pure naval gamers, but now they allow an opt out of the land battles). So the leap to larger battles and campaigns is not far for UG AR.

Personally would have rather had UG Napoleon but I will still enjoy this one.

McHugh

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:30 pm

I haven't bought any of the Ultimate General games because they don't have multiplayer.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”