EICJoe

Re:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 am

Do you honestly think Exploding Kittens is a good game?

It's about as deep as a puddle. There are barely any important decisions that aren't obvious, it's just a bad game.
I haven't played the digital version, although I believe Michael has. I have played the physical version though and I found it to be a blast with people. More about the atmosphere it creates than the game itself... it's been on the list for a while now though, will probably be up for rotation soon.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

centurian

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 pm

I think you guys are missing Eternal!

https://www.direwolfdigital.com/eternal/

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 am

I think you guys are missing Eternal!

https://www.direwolfdigital.com/eternal/
It's like you didn't read the whole article or something...
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ml01172

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:31 pm

I was expecting to see good traditional card games, not these magic & sf effects card games. How about:

* Zynga Poker or
* Mau King

etc?

raindog308

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Card City Nights 2 is out since this article.

I really enjoyed CCN, but I also got frustrated with it. Very quickly, all the fights became incredibly easy - I think by the time I faced the final-final boss, I had only lost two matches in my entire career. Simply build a deck with nearly all attack (red sword) cards and you'll cruise. Until you get to the boss, who is extremely difficult.

However, I really loved the CCN idea, design, artwork, and setting. Just brilliant.

A collectible card game without IAP - that alone is awesome :-)

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Card City Nights 2 is out since this article.

I really enjoyed CCN, but I also got frustrated with it. Very quickly, all the fights became incredibly easy - I think by the time I faced the final-final boss, I had only lost two matches in my entire career. Simply build a deck with nearly all attack (red sword) cards and you'll cruise. Until you get to the boss, who is extremely difficult.

However, I really loved the CCN idea, design, artwork, and setting. Just brilliant.

A collectible card game without IAP - that alone is awesome :-)
I think it was out when this article originally went live, I seem to remember having a conversation with Michael about it and he preferred the first one, but I could be mistaken.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

weheartgames

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Dream Quest is by far the most underrated deck-buidling roguelite card game in the App Store (you just have to look past the terrible artwork).

torm3ntin

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Didn't put much faith in Card Games, but glad i read it.

Loving Meteorfall so far... Gotta try the others when i get tired of it

SilentNSly

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 am

List has been updated again - Reigns: Game of Thrones replaces Reigns: Her Majesty. I also retired Eternal to the Hall of Fame, and then also added Lost Portal and Ascension to the Hall of Fame too, because they do deserve to be there regardless.
I would like to say that I really, really like Eternal and think that it is one of the best games.

It should be receiving its sixth set next month. It has a lot more quality and depth that other games on this list.

I wish you wrote more about this game.

Aza89

Re: The Best Card Games on Android & iOS

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Please check out Mythgard.
This game seriously is nuts and has the fairest free to play model I have seen in any digital CCG.
Even in beta the game is perfectly balanced, and a stale meta where a few deck types are dominant isn‘t really existing since you can combine every colors and player abilities to your liking.
I‘ve played for 2 months, mostly only doing a few matches every day, and could accumulate nearly every card that is played in competitive decks. I only spent 10€ lately to get a few more packs to be fully competitive and to give the devs at least something back (they are crazily generous with boosters and wild cards).
If you enjoy card games and deck building, I‘d definitely ask you to check this game out, you‘ll love it.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”