admin
Site Admin

Crashlands developer goes ad-free as huge V1.3 update drops

Tue May 15, 2018 1:48 pm

You remember Crashlands, right? Our 2016 Best Action Game? A game so good, we almost accidentally reviewed it twice? It’s made by Butterscotch Shenanigans, a mobile developer who’ve also done...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/c ... 3-ad-free/

Cgareth

Tue May 15, 2018 3:25 pm

I've never understood the logic of in-game ads. There are a ton of free ad-blockers in the App Store so you never have to see an ad, just experience a very brief pause whilst playing.

And if doing this has indirectly made these companies think again, that's a reason to celebrate.

acedout

Re:

Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 pm

I've never understood the logic of in-game ads. There are a ton of free ad-blockers in the App Store so you never have to see an ad, just experience a very brief pause whilst playing.

And if doing this has indirectly made these companies think again, that's a reason to celebrate.
My understanding was that these blockers only work with Safari, or are you referring to jailbreaking options?

Cgareth

Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 pm

My understanding was that these blockers only work with Safari, or are you referring to jailbreaking options?
No, I just have the regulars - WeBlock and Ka-Block (I think it's called). They filter as things come in. Work like a dream.

Zenish

Re: <t>Crashlands developer goes ad-free as huge V1.3 update drops</t>

Wed May 16, 2018 12:37 pm

I don't like ads in games either, but developers need to make money somehow. Blocking ads in a free game is akin to stealing.

acedout

Re:

Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm

No, I just have the regulars - WeBlock and Ka-Block (I think it's called). They filter as things come in. Work like a dream.
Ok, so it works via a proxy server. There are security and latency concerns there, but that makes sense in terms of how that works.

Cgareth

Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Oh that hadn't occurred to me Acedout. Latency isn't a deal at all, but perhaps we should all be thinking twice re security issues?

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”