whovian223

Games like Hero Emblems?

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi all

Request for my wife here.

She's a big fan of Match 3 games, but hasn't really liked the translations of them onto the iPad.

She likes them because they're kind of mindless and she can just sit and unwind.

I introduced her to Hero Emblems and she really loved it. In fact, she's played it through about 5 or 6 times.

She'd like to find something else, though. So I told her I would ask here and see if there were any other similar recommendations.

Some information:

1) I introduced her to Puzzle Quest and she didn't like it. Too much running around and not enough Match 3. Liking Hero Emblems, she's not against some RPG elements in the game, but she didn't like the balance between the two in Puzzle Quest. "More Match 3, Less RPG," she said.

2) While she handled the final stages of Hero Emblems fine, where you did have time limits, she's not a huge fan of speed and time pressure. Because of that, along with all of the in-between stuff you have to do, I'm hesitant to show her You Must Build a Boat and The Number (too lazy to go track down the exact name). Besides, are those universal or would they be 2X on the iPad?

Any suggestions?

Snotty128

Re: Games like Hero Emblems?

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:05 am

Puzzle craft 1 or 2 perhaps? They arent traditional match 3, but they certainly satisfy the requirement of being 'games that can be played slowly with minimum attention required if neccesary

biffpow

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:58 am

My own wife loves Puzzle Craft, so I can add my recommendation to Snotty's. That should be a winner. She's also very fond of Dream Pixels, which is not exactly Match-3, but it seems to scratch a similar itch. Oh--and Triple Town. She plays that more than anything right now, and though it's also not Match-3 exactly, it's similar and has just a smidge of rpg, as well as different modes one can chose from, some of which are totally chill, others being timed. Plus grumpy bears!

And there's always Marvel Puzzle Quest if your wife likes superheroes. I play it periodically, and it's totally match-3, play at your own pace, and it's actually sort of hard to run out of things to do before hitting a wait-wall. I know people bag on the game, and it deserves whatever FTP insults it gets, but it's not too bad, really.

whovian223

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:03 am

Thanks, guys!

I have Marvel Puzzle Quest. She saw me play it once and said "ugh, no way." :)

But I'll look into Puzzle Craft. Looks interesting from the screen shots I just saw.

Return to “Mobile Games”