When not leading tabletop campaigns or directing digital divisions, are you often to be found tapping away at your latest mobile game obsession, or maximising those gaming hours with mammoth Switch sessions? If so, then do we have an opportunity for you: our sister website Pocket Tactics – the world’s number one mobile games site – is seeking two new staff writers!
Since relaunching in March 2020, Pocket Tactics has grown massively and they’re only getting bigger. As such, they’re looking to grow the editorial team by bringing on talented new writers, capable of turning out top-quality guides, news, reviews, and other tailored content for their mobile and Switch gaming audience, to tight deadlines.
These are entry-level positions, but it’s still vital to know your writing skills are up to the task – so it’s essential you have some published work to show (even if it’s just on your personal blog). The most important requirement is that you know, and can write about videogames – from the latest premium or triple-A title, to the giants of the free-to-play mobile world.
Sound like your ideal assignment? Check out the particulars below, and if you fit the bill, then get your application in without delay!
STAFF WRITER – POCKET TACTICS
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Closing Date: April 10, 2021 (apply here)
- Content creation: writing guides, features, reviews, and news stories
- Editorial planning, including spotting and exploring content opportunities
- Sub-editing the work of others, if required
- Conducting interviews
- Cultivating relationships with developers, publishers, PRs, etc.
- Attending events, trade shows, etc. (these are digital at present)
- Learning and working within guidelines for style, tone, and SEO
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ability to write brilliantly and quickly
- A keen interest in mobile and/or Nintendo Switch gaming
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: google docs, sheets, task management, etc.
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
As for benefits, you’ll get 28 days of holiday, access to a profit share scheme, and much more.
If you reckon you’d be a perfect fit for the role, be sure to fire your CV, covering letter, and relevant work examples our way to explain why you’re well-suited to Pocket Tactics and what you’d bring to the team.
Best of luck!